Yeilds 3 cups
In our house we love hummus but for me, the loads of oil is just to much for my system to handle. This oil free version is wonderful. I like a very smooth and creamy style, for a thicker hummus, use less liquid.
1 Cup Sweet Potato
1 15oz can Garbanzo Beans, no salt
1/2 - 3/4 Cup Garbanzo Bean liquid
1 Tablespoon Tahini
2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vingar
1 Garlic Clove
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Salt (optional)
- Cut Sweet Potato into large cubes. Steam for 10 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a pan, roast garlic until slightly browned
- Drain Garbanzo beans, keep the liquid and set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender add all ingredients, adding chickpea liquid 1/4 cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.