- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock + 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Celery, small dice
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, small dice
- 1 Cup Onion, small dice
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Pinch of Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup White Wine (or veg stock)
- 3 large Yellow Potato, small dice
- 3 Cups Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kelp Granules
- 4 Tablespoons Flour +1/2 Cup Almond Milk (to make a slurry)
- 1/4 Cup Cashew Cream **
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Miso
- 2 dash Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1 -8 oz. Jar of Hearts of Palm, cup into rounds
- Sourdough Bread Roll (optional) for Bowl
- Warm a large pot on Medium High heat. Saute Celery, Carrot, Onion & Garlic with 1/4 Cup Vegetable broth (or water) until onions are soft, translucent & most liquid is reduced.
- Add White Wine and reduce by half then add 2 Cups of Vegetable broth & Bay Leaf reduce heat to low & allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add Almond Milk, 1/4 teaspoon Kelp Granules.
- Fill a separate pot with Cold water, add Potato & cook until al dente.
- In a small bowl, combine flour & 1/2 Cup Almond milk, stir until combine to make a slurry. Add to the large pot slowly while stirring. Increase heat to Medium, stir occasionally until it thickens. Add Salt to taste.
- Add Cashew Cream & whisk until combined. Add miso, whisk to combine.
- Reduce heat to low & add Potatoes- cook for 10 minutes then add 1/4 teaspoon Kelp Granules & Liquid Smoke- continue to cook over low heater 15 minutes.
- Add Hearts of Palm. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until Hearts of Palm are warm.
Note: To serve in a Sourdough Bread Bowl, cut the top off a medium sized Sourdough roll, remove the bread on the inside, toast in oven with ìlidî & Excess bread on the side. Spoon in Chowder and enjoy!
**(See recipe here: https://www.plantpunkkitchen.com/pantry-misc-1/ )